For questions or general career inquiries please contact Melanie Harris, Director, Human Resources at 800-821-2048 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAYS Information Officer
Job Description: Supports members by collecting data to manage, mitigate and transfer financial risk relative to buyer default. Contacts financial institutions to collect data and reports it to members. Assists in other duties and special projects.
- Receives and processes LMA member Verification of Deposit (VOD) requests by fax, phone and email.
- Communicates with financial institutions and personnel to collect information and documentation necessary to determine financial status of buyer
- Gathers, records and reports VOD data in a time sensitive manner to members and follows up on inconsistencies of buyer
- Maintains confidentiality of all financial information and stores securely
- Communicates with members, bank personnel, and staff in professional manner
- Distributes forms and correspondence
- Performs other department related duties
- Assists LMA PAYS & LMIA VP to facilitate framework of providing financial risk management solutions to members
- Assists LMA PAYS & LMIA VP on special projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field
- Ability to analyze information to formulate logical and objective conclusions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Good organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Flexible and willing to perform job or projects as needed
- Proficient in technology applications
- Agricultural background preferred
- Banking experience preferred but not required
This position is located at the LMA headquarters in Kansas City, Missouri.
Please send cover letter and resume to Jennifer Aiman, President of LMA PAYS at email@example.com. If you have questions, please contact Jennifer by email or phone at (800) 821-2048.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Description: Provide counsel to the Livestock Marketing Association (LMA) and its members with legal inquiries, including issues relating to Packers and Stockyard Act requirements and other business-matters. Assists in government and industry affairs activities for the LMA. Duties Include:
- Respond to LMA-member questions about market-related legal and compliance issues.
- Represent LMA and the LMA-owned Livestock Marketing Insurance Agency (LMIA).
- Develop educational training materials for LMA-membership relating to legal issues.
- Work with Region Executive Officers to provide state-specific training materials.
- Legal research.
- Assist Vice President of Government and Industry Affairs in representing LMA’s interest before U.S. Congress and Executive Branch departments and agencies, including the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration, and USDA’s Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service.
- Review proposed policy for its potential impact on the marketing sector.
The following knowledge and skills are required:
- Law degree.
- At the time of hire or within one year must become licensed to practice law in the state of Missouri.
- Demonstrated knowledge of/experience in agriculture, preferably the livestock industry.
- Legal research skills.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills.
- At least three years of related work experience.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please send cover letter and resume to Chelsea Good, VP of Government and Industry Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, Chelsea may be reached by email or by phone, (816) 305-9540.