LIVESTOCK MARKETING ASSOCIATION
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATOR
This position administers human resources policies and programs in compliance with accepted HR principles and applicable laws/regulations with a high degree of integrity. The HR Administrator maintains updated knowledge of these laws/regulations, formulates plans, organizes, develops, implements, coordinates and directs policies/procedures and makes recommendations to management.
Essential Functions and Duties
• Develops and administers effective recruitment program; coordinates advertising for candidates
• Oversees recruiting, interviewing, orientation and onboarding of new staff
• Coordinates and administers testing profiles
• Prepares offer letters to selected prospective employees and rejections to candidates not hired
• Assists with review of insurance plans and 401k benefit plans
• Ensures completion of required internal and external reporting required by law
• Coordinates employee annual review process with staff and management
• Maintains and supervises attendance records of all employees
• Assists in-house legal counsel with any claims of harassment or discrimination
• Work with LMA legal team to receive and investigate employee complaints, and ensure LMA compliance with employment law
• Stays knowledgeable of employment legislation and regulation, and ensures compliance
• Administers and oversees performance appraisal program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the organization
• Works with managers on up-to-date job descriptions
• Develops and administers inhouse wellness program and monitors effectiveness
• Enhance office culture through team building and mental health training
• Enhance employee satisfaction and retention through employee training, programs, and creating a positive office culture
• Coordinates employee development and education
• Maintains all employee files and verifies that all information is up to date
• Coordinates employee termination, final paycheck, securing company property, exit interview, provides COBRA information
• Provides verification of employment
• Monitors unemployment claims, assists with appeals when necessary
• Assists with employee problem resolution through counseling and coaching
• Coordinates physical office moving with all staff. Facilitate logistics of employee-related matters to LMA temporary relocation as well as the relocation to the permanent location
• Maintains LMA employee manual and verifies that all information is current and in compliance
• Assists with special projects
• Knowledge of accepted HR principles/functions and related laws/regulations
• Ability to retain the highest level of confidentiality
• Excellent planning and organization skills
• Understanding of mental and physical wellness, and how to implement best practices
• Ability to communicate and work with all levels of employees
• High energy and creative skill set to encourage, develop, and promote team building
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, printers, scanners, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a largely sedentary role and the employee in this position must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time. The employee must occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, and other employees. Some filing may be required which would require body positioning to move files and open file cabinets. Employee constantly operates a computer and other office equipment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and typical work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 40 hours a week can be expected.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree plus 3+ years’ experience in an HR position.
Preferred Education and Experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The employee signature below constitutes the employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of this position.
Please send cover letters and resumes to Sheri Crist at firstname.lastname@example.org.